Fitting fences, gates and barriers.
2 (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Typical length
- 18 months
- Current funding band
Up to £7,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
- What apprentices will learn
- types of fencing and construction materials
- understanding project specifications and plans
- site preparation techniques, including how to find and identify underground utilities cables and pipes
- choosing the right materials and equipment
- health, safety and environmental requirements
- how to ensure fences and gates are level
- fencing repairs
Before taking their end-point assessment apprentices must:
- have achieved level 1 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades D to G) and have taken level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Professional registration
Apprentices will be eligible to join the Fencing Industry Skills Standard/Construction Skills Certification Scheme once they have completed their apprenticeship.
- End Point Assessment
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.