Outdoor Activity Instructor
Leading outdoor activities such as rock climbing, canoeing, team challenges and environmental studies.
3 (equivalent to A levels at grades A to E)
- Typical length
- 12 months
- Current funding band
Up to £6,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer. Applicants will usually need to be at least 18 (21 if the role involves driving a minibus).
- What apprentices will learn
- how to prepare for an activity session
- how to lead groups safely in the outdoors
- techniques for developing peoples skills and knowledge
- how to motivate participants and encourage involvement
- how to care for participants, equipment and the environment
Before taking their end-point assessment, apprentices must have:
- achieved level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSE grades 9 to 4 or A* to C)
- Professional registration
Apprentices can apply to become members of the Institute for Outdoor Learning when they complete this apprenticeship.
- End-Point Assessment
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.