Stockperson (beef, pigs, sheep, dairy)
Looking after livestock.
2 (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Typical length
- 18 months
- Current funding band
Up to £10,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
- What apprentices will learn
- handling and restraining livestock
- health and welfare of livestock
- assessing the condition and behaviour of animals
- animal welfare and stress prevention
- record keeping
Before taking their end-point assessment, apprentices must have:
- achieved level 1 English and maths (equivalent to GCSE grades 3 to 1 or D to G)
- Professional registration
- End-Point Assessment
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.