Operating specialist equipment used to screen people for breast cancer.
4 (equivalent to certificate of higher education)
- Typical length
- 12 months
- Current funding band
Up to £5,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer. Subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks
- What apprentices will learn
- how to operate specialised mammography equipment safely
- to produce high quality mammography images
- patient dignity and care
- deal calmly with all types of people
- promote and maintain professional practice
Before taking their end-point assessment, apprentices must have achieved level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSE grades 3 to 1 or D to G)
- Professional registration
- End-Point Assessment
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.