Highways Maintenance Skilled Operative
Repairing damaged roads.
2 (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Typical length
- 18 months
- Current funding band
Up to £9,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
- What apprentices will learn
- to repair potholes, pavements and kerbs
- to read, interpret and work to drawings
- to use underground utility service locators
- to operate powered tools or pedestrian plant, machinery or equipment
- to prepare, set up and work with temporary traffic management systems
Before taking their end-point assessment, apprentices must have:
- achieved level 1 English and maths (equivalent to GCSE grades 3 to 1 or D to G)
- taken level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSE grades 9 to 4 or A* to C)
- Professional registration
- End Point Assessment
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.