Managing poultry farms.
3 (equivalent to A levels at grades A to E)
- Typical length
- 18 months
- Current funding band
Up to £6,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
- What apprentices will learn
- how to carry out site audits and maintenance
- ensuring the safe handling of birds and eggs
- site biosecurity and procedures
- characteristics, behaviours and production cycle for each species of poultry
- stock control, record keeping and reporting
Before taking their end-point assessment, apprentices must have:
- achieved level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSE grades 9 to 4 or A* to C)
- Professional registration
- End-Point Assessment
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.