Internal Audit Professional
Checking an organisation's financial records and procedures to make sure they are accurate and efficient.
7 (equivalent to master’s degree)
- Typical length
- 36 months
- Current funding band
Up to £17,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer. Must have A levels or equivalent qualifications.
- What apprentices will learn
- commercial awareness
- corporate governance and risk management
- risk and control
- audit methodology
- organisational strategy, structures and business processes
- analytics and problem solving
Internal audit professionals will be required to complete the:
- Certified Internal Auditor Certification
- Qualification in Internal Audit Leadership. Specifically internal audit leadership, organisational leadership, and ethical leadership
Apprentices must have taken level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSE grades 9 to 4 or A* to C) before taking their end-point assessment
- Professional registration
- Chartered Institute of Internal Auditors
- End-Point Assessment
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.