Internal Audit Professional
Checking an organisation's financial records and procedures to make sure they are accurate and efficient.
7 (equivalent to master’s degree)
- Typical length
- 36 months
- Current funding band
Up to £17,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer. Must have A levels or equivalent qualifications.
- What apprentices will learn
- commercial awareness
- corporate governance and risk management
- risk and control
- audit methodology
- organisational strategy, structures and business processes
- analytics and problem solving
Internal audit professionals will be required to complete the:
- Certified Internal Auditor Certification
- Qualification in Internal Audit Leadership. Specifically internal audit leadership, organisational leadership, and ethical leadership
Apprentices must have taken level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSE grades 9 to 4 or A* to C) before taking their end-point assessment
- Professional registration
- Chartered Institute of Internal Auditors
- How apprentices are assessed
A government-approved organisation must assess apprentices towards the end of their apprenticeship.
This end-point assessment ensures apprentices achieve the skills, training and any qualifications necessary to complete their apprenticeship.
You can download the assessment plan from the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education. There are no end-point assessment organisations for this apprenticeship yet. Please email email@example.com if you urgently need an end-point assessment organisation.
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.