Revenues and Welfare Benefits Practitioner
Assessing benefit and income support claims.
4 (equivalent to certificate of higher education)
- Typical length
- 12 months
- Current funding band
Up to £7,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
- What apprentices will learn
- setting up and updating benefits accounts
- maintaining records to legal standards
- calculating tax due, discounts, and exemptions
- arranging benefit payments
- finding and reporting suspected fraud
Before taking their end-point assessment apprentices must have achieved level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSE grades 9 to 4 or A* to C).
- Professional registration
- End Point Assessment
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.