Working in a laboratory and using various scientific techniques
5 (equivalent to foundation degree)
- Typical length
- 36 months
- Current funding band
Up to £20,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
- candidates will have at least 5 A GCSEs at grades A* to C including English, maths and science subject
- hold a relevant qualification with the appropriate UCAS points for entry to level 5 HE programme.
- What apprentices will learn
- contribute to the development of new scientific processes and methodologies
- analyse scientific data and present results of work
- make recommendations to improve workflows and scientific solutions
- safe working practices and quality standards in a laboratory environment
- develop solutions to complex problems using appropriate techniques like root cause analysis
- techniques for identifying and solving problems
Before taking their end-point assessment apprentices must:
- have achieved level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Professional registration
Apprentices will be recognised as registered scientist (RSci) level by the Science Council.
- End-Point Assessment
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.