Ambulance Support Worker (Emergency, Urgent and Non-Urgent)
Provide care and clinical support for emergency (999), urgent or unscheduled care calls.
3 (equivalent to A levels at grades A to E)
- Typical length
- 13 months
- Current funding band
Up to £7,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by the employer but must meet the 15 standards as set out in the Care Certificate 2. Subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks. Apprentices must hold a full UK driving licence for the class of vehicle being driven in accordance with DVLA requirements.
- What apprentices will learn
- patient care, treatment and support
- manage medical and post-surgical conditions
- maintain dignity and well-being
- patient assessment
- deal calmly with all types of people
- level 3 in ambulance driving
- level 3 diploma in ambulance emergency and urgent care support or level 3 certificate in ambulance patient care
- apprentices must have achieved level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSE grades 9 to 4 or A* to C) before taking their end-point assessment
- Professional registration
- End Point Assessment
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.