Painter and Decorator
Prepare and apply paint, wallpaper and finishes to different surfaces.
2 (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Typical length
- 36 months
- Current funding band
Up to £9,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
- What apprentices will learn
- the range of equipment, tools and materials
- preparing the materials you need
- how to work at height
- different working environments
- preparation, application and removal methods
Before taking their end-point assessment, apprentices must have:
- achieved level 1 English and maths (equivalent to GCSE grades 3 to 1 or D to G)
- taken level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSE grades 9 to 4 or A* to C)
- Professional registration
- End-Point Assessment
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.