Servicing and repairing cars and vans
2 (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Typical length
- 30 months
- Current funding band
Up to £12,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer
- What apprentices will learn
- how cars and vans work
- specialist tool and equipment usage
- servicing, repairs and maintenance
- how to carry out vehicle inspections
- customer service skills
Before taking their end-point assessment, apprentices must have:
- achieved level 1 English and maths (equivalent to GCSE grades 3 to 1 or D to G)
- taken level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSE grades 9 to 4 or A* to C)
- Professional registration
Apprentices who complete this apprenticeship will be eligible for membership of the Institute of the Motor Industry.
- End Point Assessment
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.