Custody and Detention Officer
Supervise and rehabilitate inmates in custody and detention centres.
3 (equivalent to A levels at grades A to E)
- Typical length
- 12 months
- Current funding band
Up to £3,500 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Apprentices must be aged over 18.
- What apprentices will learn
- the policies and procedures relevant to the custodial environment
- the key and critical aspects of security
- the rights and responsibilities of those in custodial care or detention
- the importance of caring for vulnerable people
- recognise and understand the impact of mental health issues on individuals
Before taking their end-point assessment apprentices must have achieved level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSE grades 9 to 4 or A* to C)
- Professional registration
- End-Point Assessment
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.