Textile Manufacturing Operative
Using machinery to spin natural and synthetic material into yarns and fabrics.
2 (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Typical length
- 18 months
- Current funding band
Up to £4,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer
- What apprentices will learn
- health, safety and welfare
- fibre and yarn processing
- textile manufacturing techniques
- textile machinery operations
- textile machinery maintenance
Before taking their end-point assessment, apprentices must have:
- achieved level 1 English and maths (equivalent to GCSE grades 3 to 1 or D to G)
- taken level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSE grades 9 to 4 or A* to C)
- Professional registration
- End-Point Assessment
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.