Advanced Carpentry and Joinery
Making and installing wooden structures, fittings and furniture.
3 (equivalent to A levels at grades A to E)
- Typical length
- 12 months
- Current funding band
Up to £9,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
- What apprentices will learn
- how to use equipment safely and effectively
- leadership skills
- working out the best way to do a job and giving clear instructions to colleagues
- selecting the right materials for a job
- understanding technical drawings and specifications
- successful apprentices will achieve a level 3 NVQ diploma in either site carpentry or architectural joinery
- apprentices must have achieved level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSE grades 9 to 4 or A* to C) before taking their end-point assessment
- Professional registration
Apprentices will be eligible to join the Construction Skills Certification Scheme once they have completed their apprenticeship.
- End-Point Assessment
View a list of end-point assessment organisations for this standard
Organisation Phone Number R G Carter Technical Services Ltd 01603 86965 email@example.com Lead Edge Ltd 0121 552 7190/ 07775 772 859 firstname.lastname@example.org City and Guilds 0207 294 3201 Jamie.Holland@cityandguilds.com NOCN 0300 9999 1177 email@example.com
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.