Carpentry and Joinery
Making and installing wooden structures, fittings and furniture.
2 (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Typical length
- 18 months
- Current funding band
Up to £12,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
- What apprentices will learn
- how to use equipment safely and effectively
- following instructions
- selecting the right materials for a job
- understanding technical drawings and specifications
- apprentices must have achieved level 1 English and maths (equivalent to GCSE grades 3 to 1 or D to G) before taking their end-point assessment
- they must also have taken level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSE grades 9 to 4 or A* to C)
- Professional registration
Apprentices will be eligible to join the Construction Skills Certification Scheme once they have completed their apprenticeship.
- End-Point Assessment
View a list of end-point assessment organisations for this standard
Organisation Phone Number Lead Edge Ltd 0121 552 7190/ 07775 772 859 email@example.com R G Carter Technical Services Ltd 01603 86965 firstname.lastname@example.org QFI email@example.com NOCN 0300 9999 1177 firstname.lastname@example.org Pearson Education Limited +44 (0) 7879 602674 email@example.com
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.