Industrial Thermal Insulation Technician
Fitting and maintaining insulation and cladding to pipes at industrial sites
3 (equivalent to A levels at grades A to E)
- Typical length
- 24 months
- Current funding band
Up to £12,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer
- What apprentices will learn
- how to make and install cladding
- techniques for fitting insulation systems
- safe use of specialist tools and equipment
- how to maintain insulation materials and cladding
- putting up and taking down scaffolding
- apprentices without level 2 (equivalent to GCSE grades 9 to 4 or A* to C) English and maths will need to achieve this before taking the end-point assessment
- Professional registration
- How apprentices are assessed
A government-approved organisation must assess apprentices towards the end of their apprenticeship.
This end-point assessment ensures apprentices achieve the skills, training and any qualifications necessary to complete their apprenticeship.
You can download the assessment plan from the Institute for Apprenticeships. There are no end-point assessment organisations for this apprenticeship yet. Please email email@example.com if you urgently need an end-point assessment organisation.
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.