School Business Professional
Overseeing the day-to-day management of a school.
4 (equivalent to certificate of higher education)
- Typical length
- 18 months
- Current funding band
Up to £6,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
- What apprentices will learn
- managing a school's budget
- producing financial reports
- how to make sure the school provides a safe and healthy learning environment
- marketing and communications techniques
- running administration systems. For example, attendance records
Apprentices must have achieved level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSE grades 9 to 4 or A* to C) before taking their end-point assessment.
- Professional registration
Apprentices will be eligible for membership of the Institute of School Business Leadership when they complete this apprenticeship.
- How apprentices are assessed
A government-approved organisation must assess apprentices towards the end of their apprenticeship.
This end-point assessment ensures apprentices achieve the skills, training and any qualifications necessary to complete their apprenticeship.
You can download the assessment plan from the Institute for Apprenticeships. There are no end-point assessment organisations for this apprenticeship yet. Please email email@example.com if you urgently need an end-point assessment organisation.
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.