Designing, building, testing and repairing boats, ships, submarines and offshore platforms.
3 (equivalent to A levels at grades A to E)
- Typical length
- 48 months
- Current funding band
Up to £27,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
- What apprentices will learn
- ship and boat building
- repair techniques
- designing, building and operating offshore oil and gas platforms
- marine surveying
- making sure engines, instruments and systems work safely
- apprentices must have achieved English and maths GCSE grades 9 to 4 (equivalent to A* to C) before taking their end-point assessment
- Professional registration
Apprentices will be eligible to register as an engineering technician with the Institute of Marine Engineering, Science and Technology after completing their apprenticeship.
- End-Point Assessment
View a list of end-point assessment organisations for this standard
Organisation Phone Number IMarEST 020 7382 2612 firstname.lastname@example.org
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.