Plumbing and Domestic Heating Technician
Fitting and servicing domestic water, heating and drainage systems.
3 (equivalent to A levels at grades A to E)
- Typical length
- 48 months
- Current funding band
Up to £21,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
- What apprentices will learn
- installing water, drainage and heating systems
- finding and fixing faults
- how to prepare accurate cost and time estimates
- health and safety requirements
- customer service techniques
Apprentices will need to have achieved the following qualifications before taking their end-point assessment:
- level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSE grades 9 to 4 or A* to C) before taking the end-point assessment
- level 3 plumbing and domestic heating
- Professional registration
Apprentices will be eligible to apply for registered Engineering Technician (EngTech) status once they have completed their apprenticeship. They will also be able to get a Construction Skills Certification Scheme card for plumbing and mechanical engineering services.
- End-Point Assessment
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.