Educating young people to achieve the highest possible standards.
This standard needs a training provider who is recognised by the associated approval body. Please check with the training provider for further details.
6 (equivalent to bachelor's degree)
- Typical length
- 12 months
- Current funding band
Up to £9,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
- grade 4 (C or above) or equivalent in GCSE English and maths
- all who intend to teach pupils aged 3 to 11 should have achieved a standard equal to a grade 4 GCSE in a science subject
- a degree or equivalent for entry to graduate initial teacher training programmes
- assessed as suitable to teach by accredited initial teacher training providers
- passed the national professional numeracy and literacy skills tests These entry criteria have statutory force under The Education (School Teachers' Qualifications) (England) Regulations 2003.
- What apprentices will learn
- understanding how pupils learn and how this affects teaching
- setting high expectations which, motivate and challenge pupils
- promoting good progress and outcomes by pupils
- understanding developments in subject and curriculum areas
- apprentices will need to achieve Qualified Teacher Status to successfully complete the course
- Professional registration
- End-Point Assessment
View a list of end-point assessment organisations for this standard
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.