Process Automation Engineer
Developing and managing the integration of large engineering systems for industries such as the energy sector, agriculture and food processing.
7 (equivalent to master’s degree)
- Typical length
- 60 months
- Current funding band
Up to £27,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer. Candidates will usually have an engineering (chemical or electrical) or physics degree.
- What apprentices will learn
- a combination of general and specialist chemical and electrical engineering technologies
- applying appropriate theoretical and practical methods to design specifications for Integrated Control and Safety Systems
- analysing complex process problems and finding suitable solutions
- how to develop other technical staff
- industry legislation
- project management techniques
- safe working practices
- apprentices will achieve a process automation degree
- before taking their end-point assessment apprentices must have achieved level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSE grades 9 to 4 or A* to C)
- Professional registration
Apprentices who have completed their apprenticeship will be eligible for membership of a licensed professional engineering institution such as the Engineering Institute or Institution of Chemical Engineers. Apprentices with suitable experience could also be eligible for Chartered Engineer (CEng) status.
- How apprentices are assessed
A government-approved organisation must assess apprentices towards the end of their apprenticeship.
This end-point assessment ensures apprentices achieve the skills, training and any qualifications necessary to complete their apprenticeship.
You can download the assessment plan from the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education. There are no end-point assessment organisations for this apprenticeship yet. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you urgently need an end-point assessment organisation.
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.