Building Services Design Engineer
Designing, installing and maintaining building services, such as water, lighting and heating
6 (equivalent to bachelor's degree)
- Typical length
- 66 months
- Current funding band
Up to £27,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Candidates will have at least 3 A levels at grades A* to C including maths and physical science or have completed a level 3 apprenticeship as a building services design technician.
- What apprentices will learn
- building legislation and regulations
- design complex building services systems
- techniques used to improve the performance of building services
- resource and cost management
- effectively manage teams
- bachelor's degree in building services
- apprentices without level 2 English and Maths will need to achieve this before taking the end-point assessment
- Professional registration
- How apprentices are assessed
A government-approved organisation must assess apprentices towards the end of their apprenticeship.
This end-point assessment ensures apprentices achieve the skills, training and any qualifications necessary to complete their apprenticeship.
You can download the assessment plan from the Institute for Apprenticeships. There are no end-point assessment organisations for this apprenticeship yet. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you urgently need an end-point assessment organisation.
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.