Planting, felling and maintaining trees.
2 (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Typical length
- 24 months
- Current funding band
Up to £15,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
- What apprentices will learn
- using and maintaining a chainsaw
- felling and processing trees
- climbing trees using a rope and harness, and using elevated platforms
- recognising different types of trees and shrubs
- identifying and managing pests, diseases and tree defects
Apprentices must have achieved level 1 English and maths (equivalent to GCSE grades 3 to 1 or D to G) before taking their end-point assessment. They must also have taken level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSE grades 9 to 4 or A* to C)
- Professional registration
- End Point Assessment
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.