Building Services Design Technician
Supporting engineers, surveyors and architects on construction projects.
3 (equivalent to A levels at grades A to E)
- Typical length
- 42 months
- Current funding band
Up to £12,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
- What apprentices will learn
- using computer aided design and other software
- project planning
- managing budgets and work schedules
- safe working practices
- how to respond to site queries
- apprentices must have achieved level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSE grades 9 to 4 or A* to C) before taking their end-point assessment
- Professional registration
Apprentices will be eligible to register as an engineering technician with a relevant professional engineering institution after completing their apprenticeship.
- End Point Assessment
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.