Building Services Design Technician
Supporting engineers, surveyors and architects on construction projects.
3 (equivalent to A levels at grades A to E)
- Typical length
- 42 months
- Current funding band
Up to £12,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
- What apprentices will learn
- using computer aided design and other software
- project planning
- managing budgets and work schedules
- safe working practices
- how to respond to site queries
- apprentices must have achieved level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSE grades 9 to 4 or A* to C) before taking their end-point assessment
- Professional registration
Apprentices will be eligible to register as an engineering technician with a relevant professional engineering institution after completing their apprenticeship.
- End-Point Assessment
View a list of end-point assessment organisations for this standard
Organisation Phone Number Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers +44 (0)20 8772 3601 email@example.com BESA Training 01628 607 800 / 07583 189 008 tony.howard@theBESA.com
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.