Providing technical support to engineers and scientists in the nuclear industry.
5 (equivalent to foundation degree)
- Typical length
- 30 months
- Current funding band
Up to £21,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
- What apprentices will learn
- technical understanding of how nuclear facilities operate
- background information about the nuclear industry
- how to operate systems and equipment safely
- preparing technical reports
- data analysis
- techniques for identifying and solving problems
- industry regulations
Before taking their end-point assessment apprentices must:
- have achieved level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Professional registration
Apprentices will be eligible to apply for Engineering Technician or Registered Science Technician status with an Engineering Council or Science Council regulated professional institute.
- End-Point Assessment
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.