Science manufacturing technician
Operating the systems and equipment involved in the production of products.
3 (equivalent to A levels at grades A to E)
- Typical length
- 18 months
- Current funding band
Up to £27,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
- What apprentices will learn
- starting, operating and shutting down a manufacturing batch or continuous process
- working safely in a science manufacturing environment
- quality procedures and standards
- complying with regulations
- controlling and monitoring a process or plant and equipment
- applying relevant science and technology
A level 3 or 4 qualification in science or technology that is relevant to their occupation and recognised for registration as a registered science technician (RSciTech) or engineering technician (EngTech).
Before taking their end-point assessment, apprentices must achieve level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C).
- Professional registration
The apprenticeship is recognised by the relevant professional organisations at RSciTech and EngTech levels.
- End Point Assessment
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.