Working as a barber or hairdresser to provide hair cutting, styling and grooming services for men and women.
2 (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Typical length
- 24 months
- Current funding band
Up to £7,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
- What apprentices will learn
- hair industry practices and principles
- hair cutting and styling techniques for all hair types
- using specialist hair grooming materials and tools
- communication skills - including meeting and greeting, and building rapport
- specialist barbering or hairdressing skills
- health and safety requirements and legislation
None specified. Before taking their end-point assessment apprentices must:
- achieve level 1 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades D to G)
- take the test for level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Professional registration
Apprentices will be eligible for state registration with the Hair Council.
- End-Point Assessment
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.