Sports turf operative
Maintaining and renovating sports surfaces to make sure that public and private sports facilities are available for use.
2 (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Typical length
- 18 months
- Current funding band
Up to £5,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
- What apprentices will learn
- how to identify and use the correct materials, tools and equipment for grounds keeping
- how to monitor, record and report findings
- environmental, and health and safety law and regulations
- an understanding of different types of surface and problems associated with them
- how to minimise waste and reduce environmental impacts
Before taking their end-point assessment, apprentices must:
- achieve level 1 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades D to G)
- take the tests for level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Professional registration
The apprentice will be eligible to join the Institute of Groundsmanship (IOG) register of Turf Management Professionals.
- End-Point Assessment
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.