Compliance / risk officer
Giving basic advice to financial services organisations on the legal and regulatory rules they must follow - such as those about data security or preventing money laundering
3 (equivalent to A levels at grades A to E)
- Typical length
- 15 months
- Current funding band
Up to £9,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer. Candidates will usually have level 2 English and maths or equivalent experience.
- What apprentices will learn
- how the financial services industry works and the role of the regulators
- financial products and services
- the law specific to their role
- delivering services such as advice, help with data security, internal reviews and audits
- analysing problems, including investigating fraudulent transactions
- producing reports and management information
Apprentices will complete one of a range of qualifications. The employer will choose the qualification.
Before taking their end-point assessment apprentices must:
- achieve level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Professional registration
Depending on the qualification they complete, apprentices are eligible to apply to:
- International Compliance Association
- Chartered Institute of Securities & Investment
- Institute of Financial Services
- Chartered Banker Institute
- Chartered Insurance Institute
- Chartered Institute of Credit Management
- Institute of Risk Management
- End-Point Assessment
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.