IT technical salesperson
Selling technical products and services, such as data storage and cloud services, for a company.
3 (equivalent to A levels at grades A to E)
- Typical length
- 12 months
- Current funding band
Up to £12,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Candidates will usually have either:
- GCSEs, A levels, a level 2 apprenticeship or other relevant qualifications
- relevant experience and/or passed an aptitude test with a focus on functional maths
- What apprentices will learn
- sales processes, techniques and ethics
- communication skills, using language and terminology appropriate to their audience, showing professionalism and cultural awareness
- a basic understanding of computer systems, the cloud, data storage and secure coding
- in-depth knowledge of the business products theyâ€™re responsible for selling
- project management skills
- the law on health and safety, data protection and the sale of goods
Before taking their end-point assessment apprentices must:
- achieve level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Professional registration
Apprentices successfully completing the apprenticeship can apply for entry onto the Register of IT Technicians.
- End-Point Assessment
View a list of end-point assessment organisations for this standard
Organisation Phone Number BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT 01793 417417 firstname.lastname@example.org Training Qualifications UK 03333 583344 email@example.com The Colleges' Partnership Ltd 07843 582969 firstname.lastname@example.org
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.