Retail team leader
Guiding and coordinating staff, their work and sales within a retail environment.
3 (equivalent to A levels at grades A to E)
- Typical length
- 12 months
- Current funding band
Up to £5,000 per apprentice.
Warning The funding band maximum for this apprenticeship will change to £4,000 from 30 September 2019More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
Candidates will usually have worked in an operational role within the retail industry.
- What apprentices will learn
- retail principles and practices - including brand standards, competition, customer service and feedback and sales and marketing
- business principles and practices - including product knowledge, resource management, revenue and unique selling points
- merchandising - including retail calendar, local needs, stock control and management
- leadership - including decision-making, taking responsibility and coaching and supporting staff
- team management - including coaching, conflict management, training and development and team dynamics
- communications - including face-to-face, online, verbal and non-verbal skills
- health and safety practices, standards and legislation within a retail environment
Before taking their end-point assessment apprentices must:
- achieve level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Professional registration
- End-Point Assessment
View a list of end-point assessment organisations for this standard
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.