Retail team leader
Guiding and coordinating staff, their work and sales within a retail environment.
3 (equivalent to A levels at grades A to E)
- Typical length
- 12 months
- Current funding band
Up to £4,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
Candidates will usually have worked in an operational role within the retail industry.
- What apprentices will learn
- retail principles and practices - including brand standards, competition, customer service and feedback and sales and marketing
- business principles and practices - including product knowledge, resource management, revenue and unique selling points
- merchandising - including retail calendar, local needs, stock control and management
- leadership - including decision-making, taking responsibility and coaching and supporting staff
- team management - including coaching, conflict management, training and development and team dynamics
- communications - including face-to-face, online, verbal and non-verbal skills
- health and safety practices, standards and legislation within a retail environment
Before taking their end-point assessment apprentices must:
- achieve level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Professional registration
- End-Point Assessment
View a list of end-point assessment organisations for this standard
Organisation Phone Number Retail Trust 01332 554200 Aprendergast@retailtrust.org.uk Innovate Awarding Limited 0117 3142800 firstname.lastname@example.org Babcock Assessments Ltd 0800 077 8738 email@example.com NCFE/CACHE 0191 240 8950 firstname.lastname@example.org DSW Consulting 01302 760 008 email@example.com Occupational Awards Limited 01235 432 032 Info@oawards.co.uk iCQ 0207 849 3370 Support@icanqualify.co.uk Training Qualifications UK 03333 583 344 firstname.lastname@example.org Manpower Services Ltd 07932 748 201 Jeremy.HayCampbell@manpower.co.uk Professional Assessment Ltd 0800 160 1899 / 07940 035681 email@example.com City and Guilds 0844 543 0000 firstname.lastname@example.org NOCN 0300 999 1177 email@example.com Instructus 01536 738631 EPA@Instructus.org BIIAB 01276 684449 firstname.lastname@example.org Highfield Awarding Body for Compliance (HABC) 0845 226 0350 email@example.com Assessu 0115 975 9550 Jane.firstname.lastname@example.org
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.