Senior chef production cooking
Managing a team to produce standardised dished and menus within a kitchen environment.
3 (equivalent to A levels at grades A to E)
- Typical length
- 12 months
- Current funding band
Up to £5,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
Candidates will usually have the skill and knowledge to prepare and cook a range of dishes.
- What apprentices will learn
- culinary principles - including preparation, cooking, handling, taste, diet, nutrition, standardised menus and working in a time-bound environment
- food business principles - including business strategy and requirements, brand standards, competitors, customer profiles, minimising waste, product knowledge, promotions and sales
- financial management - including forecasting, setting targets, minimising risks, monitoring revenue, profits and costs
- food safety standards - including taking responsibility for food safety practices and procedures, personal hygiene standards and safely storing, preparing and cooking ingredients
- senior production chef practices - including preparing, cooking and presenting standardised dishes, dealing with issues and malfunctions and maintaining product and service quality
- team management - including active listening, effective communication, promoting a fair working environment and staff support and development
Before taking their end-point assessment apprentices must:
- achieve level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Professional registration
- End Point Assessment
View a list of end point assessment organisations for this standard
Organisation Phone Number Innovate Awarding Limited 0117 3142800 email@example.com City and Guilds 0844 543 0000 firstname.lastname@example.org Training Qualifications UK 03333 583 344 email@example.com NOCN 0300 999 1177 firstname.lastname@example.org Pearson Education Limited +44 (0) 7879 602674 email@example.com Babcock Assessments Ltd 0800 077 8738 firstname.lastname@example.org BIIAB 01276 684449 email@example.com iCQ 07984 201555 firstname.lastname@example.org Professional Assessment Ltd 0800 160 1899 / 07940 035681 email@example.com
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.