Associate project manager
Managing project work and teams for businesses and other organisations.
4 (equivalent to certificate of higher education)
- Typical length
- 24 months
- Current funding band
Up to £6,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
Candidates will usually have 5 GCSEs at grade A* to C (or equivalent) - including English and maths - and hold of a minimum of 120 UCAS points (or equivalent).
- What apprentices will learn
- project management principles - including business cases, objectives, delivery, lessons learnt, project plans, reviews and scope and scheduling
- governance and stakeholder management - including organisational structures and responsibilities and stakeholder perspectives, interests and influence
- leadership and communications - including vision and values, collaboration, motivation, team management, conflict resolution and negotiating skills
- financial management - including benefits management, budgets, cost control and performance tracking and management
- resource and quality management - including resource analysis, allocation and acceptance and quality assurance, improvements and standards
- risk and issue management - including identifying and prioritising threats and opportunities, mitigating and minimising impacts and optimising benefits
- contract management and procurement - including nature of contracts, procurement processes and legal and ethical principles
- an International Project Management Association (IPMA) level D qualification
Before taking their end-point assessment apprentices must:
- achieve level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Professional registration
During their apprenticeship, apprentices can become student members of the Association for Project Management (APM).
On completing their apprenticeship, apprentices will qualify for associate membership of the APM.
- End-Point Assessment
View a list of end-point assessment organisations for this standard
Organisation Phone Number Northwest Education & Training Ltd email@example.com EAL 01923 652 400 firstname.lastname@example.org Chartered Management Institute 07592 111588 email@example.com DSW Consulting 01302 760 008 firstname.lastname@example.org Training Qualifications UK 03333 583344 email@example.com APMG-International + 44 (0) 1494 836 131 firstname.lastname@example.org ACE Workplace Learning Limited 07500898707 email@example.com Highfield Awarding Body for Compliance (HABC) firstname.lastname@example.org Academy for Project Management 07796600478 email@example.com Steadfast End Point Assessments 0845 223 2401 firstname.lastname@example.org Innovate Awarding Limited 0117 3142800 email@example.com NCFE/CACHE 0191 239 8000 firstname.lastname@example.org
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.