Professional accounting / taxation technician
Working as an accountant or bookkeeper for an accounting practice, business, organisations or HMRC.
4 (equivalent to certificate of higher education)
- Typical length
- 18 months
- Current funding band
Up to £8,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
Candidates will usually have 5 GCSEs at grade A* to C (or equivalent) - including English and maths.
- What apprentices will learn
- professional finance principles and standards - including ethical principles of competence, confidentiality, due care, integrity, and objectivity
- business awareness - including understanding customer and supplier needs to create, validate and report financial information
- using and evaluating accounting and tax, internal control and IT systems and processes
- planning and prioritisation - including working to tight and changing deadlines and time and resource management
- communications and collaboration - including written and verbal communications, internal and external networking and team building
- specialist tax or accounting skills
Before taking their end-point assessment apprentices must:
- achieve level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Professional registration
- End-Point Assessment
View a list of end-point assessment organisations for this standard
Organisation Phone Number Association of Taxation Technicians 0844 251 0830 email@example.com Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) +44 0777 358 7528 Paul.Turner@aicpa-cima.com The Association of Accounting Technicians 020 7397 1765 Theo.Ege@aat.org.uk DSW Consulting firstname.lastname@example.org ICAEW 01908 248250 email@example.com Association of Chartered Certified Accountants 020 70595812 firstname.lastname@example.org
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.