Supply chain operator
Managing the movement of goods across all sectors and distances for a range of customers from private individuals and sole traders through to large global organisations.
2 (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Typical length
- 12 months
- Current funding band
Up to £3,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
- What apprentices will learn
- supply chain practices and processes - including modes of transport, industry structures, technology and systems
- communicating effectively with colleagues, customers, third party carriers and other organisations - including telephone, face-to-face and email communication
- using industry-recognised systems and associated services
- monitoring the use of equipment and machinery
- time and process management - including achieving objectives and reviewing and improving methods of working
- specialist removals operative or traffic office skills
- health and safety practices, procedures and regulations within a supply chain environment
Before taking their end-point assessment apprentices must:
- achieve level 1 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades D to G)
- take the test for level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Professional registration
- End-Point Assessment
View a list of end-point assessment organisations for this standard
Organisation Phone Number Skills for Logistics (2015) Ltd 01179278800 Bethany.Batstone@skillsforlogistics.co.uk Pearson Education Limited +44 (0) 7879 602674 firstname.lastname@example.org Highfield Awarding Body for Compliance (HABC) 0845 226 0350 email@example.com Road Haulage Association 01733 261131 firstname.lastname@example.org
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.