Team leader / supervisor
Managing teams and projects to meet a private, public or voluntary organisation's goals.
3 (equivalent to A levels at grades A to E)
- Typical length
- 12 months
- Current funding band
Up to £4,500 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
Candidates will usually have 5 GCSEs at grade C (or above).
- What apprentices will learn
- team management principles - including team dynamics, motivation and managing resources and workloads
- leadership techniques - including coaching, decision making, role modelling and managing change
- performance management - including absence management, conducting appraisals, setting goals and objectives
- relationship management - including negotiation and networking skills and customer and stakeholder management
- communications - including active listening, chairing meetings, presentation and digital, verbal and written communication skills
- human resources (HR) and legal requirements - including equality, diversity and inclusion
- operational and project management - including planning and prioritisation, collecting, analysing and using data and risk management
- financial management - including controlling budgets, delivering value for money and governance and compliance
Before taking their end-point assessment apprentices must:
- achieve level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Professional registration
Apprentices will be able to register as associate members of the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) and Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM).
- End Point Assessment
View a list of end point assessment organisations for this standard
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.