Healthcare assistant practitioner
Providing, supervising and coordinating high-quality and compassionate health and social care for a wide range of people.
5 (equivalent to foundation degree)
- Typical length
- 18 months
- Current funding band
Up to £12,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
- What apprentices will learn
- health and social care principles and philosophy - including duty of care, person centred care, promoting mental health and well-being and safeguarding and protection
- healthcare needs from prenatal to end of life care and bereavement support
- higher clinical skills - including catheterisation, wound care and discharge planning
- case and risk management - including infection prevention and control
- team working - including supervising, teaching, mentoring and assessing other staff
- patient assessment and coordination of care - including implementing and modifying care plans
- health and safety practices, standards and legislation within a healthcare environment
- level 5 occupational competence qualification - for example a foundation degree, diploma of higher education or diploma for assistant practitioners in healthcare
Before taking their end-point assessment apprentices must:
- achieve level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Professional registration
- End-Point Assessment
View a list of end-point assessment organisations for this standard
Organisation Phone Number Innovate Awarding Limited 0117 3142800 firstname.lastname@example.org Highfield Awarding Body for Compliance (HABC) 0845 226 0350 email@example.com Training Qualifications UK 03333 583 344 firstname.lastname@example.org City and Guilds 0844 543 0000 email@example.com NOCN 0300 999 1177 firstname.lastname@example.org Pearson Education Limited +44 (0) 7879 602674 email@example.com NCFE/CACHE 0191 240 8950 firstname.lastname@example.org
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.