Helping customers buy products or services from retail organisations such as department stores, garden centres, high street chains, supermarkets and online and mail order businesses.
2 (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Typical length
- 12 months
- Current funding band
Up to £4,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
- What apprentices will learn
- retail principles and practices - including brand standards, building rapport and customer loyalty
- business principles, standards and practices - including achieving targets, brand value and marketing and promotion
- sales and promotion principles and techniques - increasing sales, repeat business and sales opportunities
- customer service principles and practices - including customer profiles, dealing with customers and meeting expectations
- customer communication - including active listening, face-to-face, online, telephone and written communication
- health and safety practices, standards and legislation within a retail environment
Before taking their end-point assessment apprentices must:
- achieve level 1 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades D to G)
- take the test for level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Professional registration
- End Point Assessment
View a list of end point assessment organisations for this standard
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.