Catering and Professional Chefs: Professional Cookery
This information is taken from an apprenticeship framework. It sets out what qualifications the apprentice can achieve.
- 3 (equivalent to A levels at grades A to E)
- Typical length
- 18 months
- Current funding band
Up to £2,500 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Your chosen training provider can advise you about entry requirements for apprentices.
- Suitable roles for apprentices
Your chosen training provider can advise you about the kinds of skills apprentices will learn.
- Sous Chef / Senior Chef/Cook (Restaurants, hotels and gastro pubs)
- Sous Chef or Senior Chef/Cook (Fine Dining)
Apprentices will achieve a practical (or 'competence') qualification:
- NVQ Diploma in Professional Cookery
- NVQ Diploma in Professional Cookery (Preparation and Cooking)
- NVQ Diploma in Professional Cookery (RQF)
Apprentices will also achieve a theory-based (or 'knowledge') qualification:
- Certificate in Hospitality and Catering Principles (Professional Cookery)
- Certificate in Hospitality and Catering Principles (Professional Cookery) (RQF)
Your chosen training provider can advise you about the qualifications open to apprentices as they can change depending on individual and other circumstances.
- Professional registration
- None specified.