Engineering Manufacture: Engineering Technical Support
This information is taken from an apprenticeship framework. It sets out what qualifications the apprentice can achieve.
- 2 (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Typical length
- 18 months
- Current funding band
Up to £5,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Your chosen training provider can advise you about entry requirements for apprentices.
- Suitable roles for apprentices
Your chosen training provider can advise you about the kinds of skills apprentices will learn.
- Metrology Assistant
- Non-Destructive Testing
- Production Engineer (semi-skilled)
- Quality control inspector
- Technical Support
Apprentices will achieve a practical (or 'competence') qualification:
- NVQ Diploma in Engineering Technical Support
Apprentices will also achieve a theory-based (or 'knowledge') qualification:
- Certificate in Engineering Maintenance on Military Vehicles and Equipment
- Certificate in Engineering Technologies
- Diploma in Engineering
- Diploma in Engineering Technologies
- Diploma in Engineering Technology
- Extended Certificate in Engineering (Specialist: Manufacturing Engineering)
Your chosen training provider can advise you about the qualifications open to apprentices as they can change depending on individual and other circumstances.
- Professional registration
- None specified.