Engineering Manufacture: Engineering Maintenance and Installation
This information is taken from an apprenticeship framework. It sets out what qualifications the apprentice can achieve.
- 2 (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Typical length
- 18 months
- Current funding band
Up to £4,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Your chosen training provider can advise you about entry requirements for apprentices.
- Suitable roles for apprentices
Your chosen training provider can advise you about the kinds of skills apprentices will learn.
- Electrical Maintenance Fitter
- Electronics Maintenance Fitter
- Lift Maintenance (semi-skilled)
- Marine Maintenance Fitter
- Mechanical Maintenance Fitter
- Military Armourer
Apprentices will achieve a practical (or 'competence') qualification:
- NVQ Diploma in Engineering Maintenance and Installation
Apprentices will also achieve a theory-based (or 'knowledge') qualification:
- BTEC Certificate in Military Engineering
- Certificate in Aircraft Maintenance (Military Aircraft)
- Certificate in Cycle Maintenance
- Certificate in Cycle Maintenance and Repair (VRQ)
- Certificate in Cycle Mechanics
- Certificate in Engineering - Military
- Certificate in Engineering Maintenance on Military Vehicles and Equipment
- Certificate in Engineering Technologies
- Certificate in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Principles
- Certificate in Marine Construction, Systems Engineering and Maintenance
- Diploma in Electrical Installation
- Diploma in Electrical Installations (Buildings and Structures)
- Diploma in Engineering
- Diploma in Engineering - Military Marine and Air Engineering
- Diploma in Engineering Technologies
- Diploma in Engineering Technology
- Diploma in Maintenance Engineering Technology
- Extended Certificate in Engineering (Specialist: Manufacturing Engineering)
- Intermediate Diploma in Electrical Installation
Your chosen training provider can advise you about the qualifications open to apprentices as they can change depending on individual and other circumstances.
- Professional registration
- None specified.