Engineering Manufacture: Marine (Yacht and Boat Building, Maintenance and Repair)
This information is taken from an apprenticeship framework. It sets out what qualifications the apprentice can achieve.
- 3 (equivalent to A levels at grades A to E)
- Typical length
- 42 months
- Current funding band
Up to £12,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Your chosen training provider can advise you about entry requirements for apprentices.
- Suitable roles for apprentices
Your chosen training provider can advise you about the kinds of skills apprentices will learn.
- Marine Electrician
- Marine Electronics Technician
- Marine engineer
- Marine Fitting out carpenter
- Marine Fitting out Engineer
- Marine painter
- Rigger / Boatmover
- Shipwright (Boat builder)
Apprentices will achieve a practical (or 'competence') qualification:
- NVQ Diploma in Marine Engineering
Apprentices will also achieve a theory-based (or 'knowledge') qualification:
- BTEC HNC Diploma in Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- BTEC HNC Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- BTEC National Diploma in Engineering
- BTEC National Extended Certificate in Engineering
- BTEC National Foundation Diploma in Engineering
- Diploma in Engineering
- Diploma in Engineering - Marine
- Diploma in Engineering Technologies
- Diploma in Marine Construction, Systems Engineering and Maintenance
- Subsidiary Diploma in Engineering Technologies
Your chosen training provider can advise you about the qualifications open to apprentices as they can change depending on individual and other circumstances.
- Professional registration
- None specified.