Equine: Horse Care and Management
This information is taken from an apprenticeship framework. It sets out what qualifications the apprentice can achieve.
- 3 (equivalent to A levels at grades A to E)
- Typical length
- 24 months
- Current funding band
Up to £3,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Your chosen training provider can advise you about entry requirements for apprentices.
- Suitable roles for apprentices
Your chosen training provider can advise you about the kinds of skills apprentices will learn.
- Assistant Yard Manager
- Intermediate Instructor/ Level 3 Coach
- Trek Leader
Apprentices will achieve a practical (or 'competence') qualification:
- Certificate in Horse Care
- Certificate in Riding Horses on the Flat
- Diploma in Work Based Horse Care and Management
- Diploma in Work-based Horse Care and Management
Apprentices will also achieve a theory-based (or 'knowledge') qualification:
- Award in Business Management for the Environment and Land-based Sector
- Award in The Principles of Horse Care
- Certificate in the Principles of Horse Care and Management
Your chosen training provider can advise you about the qualifications open to apprentices as they can change depending on individual and other circumstances.
- Professional registration
- None specified.