Exercise and Fitness
This information is taken from an apprenticeship framework. It sets out what qualifications the apprentice can achieve.
- 2 (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Typical length
- 12 months
- Current funding band
Up to £2,500 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Your chosen training provider can advise you about entry requirements for apprentices.
- Suitable roles for apprentices
Your chosen training provider can advise you about the kinds of skills apprentices will learn.
- Exercise Instructor (Aerobics, Step Aerobics, Circuit Training)
- Fitness / Gym Instructor
- Leisure Centre Assistant
- Recreation Assistant
Apprentices will achieve a practical (or 'competence') qualification:
- NVQ Diploma in Instructing Exercise & Fitness
- NVQ Diploma in Instructing Exercise and Fitness
Apprentices will also achieve a theory-based (or 'knowledge') qualification:
- Certificate in Fitness Instructing
- Certificate in Fitness Instructing (RQF)
- Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Water Based Exercise)
- Certificate in Fitness Instruction and Self-Development in Active Leisure
- Certificate in Fitness Walking
- Certificate in Instructing Circuit Training Sessions
- Certificate in Instructing Pre-designed Exercise Sessions
- Diploma in Active Leisure
- Diploma in Active Leisure for Exercise Professionals
- Diploma in Exercise, Health and Fitness Studies
- Diploma in Health and Fitness
- Diploma in Health, Fitness, and Exercise Instruction
- Diploma in Promoting Health and Wellness
Your chosen training provider can advise you about the qualifications open to apprentices as they can change depending on individual and other circumstances.
- Professional registration
- None specified.