Children and Young People's Workforce
This information is taken from an apprenticeship framework. It sets out what qualifications the apprentice can achieve.
- 2 (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Typical length
- 12 months
- Current funding band
Up to £2,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Your chosen training provider can advise you about entry requirements for apprentices.
- Suitable roles for apprentices
Your chosen training provider can advise you about the kinds of skills apprentices will learn.
- Assistant Youth Support and Community Worker
- Care Worker/ Care Assistant
- Early Years Worker/ Early Years Assistant
Apprentices will also achieve a theory-based (or 'knowledge') qualification:
- Award in Employment Responsibilities and Rights in Health, Social Care, Children and Young People's Settings (RQF)
Apprentices will achieve a practical and theory-based (or 'combined') qualification:
- Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce
- Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce (England)
- Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce (RQF)
Your chosen training provider can advise you about the qualifications open to apprentices as they can change depending on individual and other circumstances.
- Professional registration
- None specified.