Fashion and Textiles: Apparel
This information is taken from an apprenticeship framework. It sets out what qualifications the apprentice can achieve.
- 2 (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Typical length
- 12 months
- Current funding band
Up to £2,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Your chosen training provider can advise you about entry requirements for apprentices.
- Suitable roles for apprentices
Your chosen training provider can advise you about the kinds of skills apprentices will learn.
- Cloth Cutter
- Clothing Presser
- Clothing Sewing Machinist
- Hand Presser
- Quality Control Inspector
- Sewing Machinist
- Tape Sealer
Apprentices will achieve a practical (or 'competence') qualification:
- Certificate in Manufacturing Sewn Products (NVQ)
- NVQ Certificate in Manufacturing Sewn Products
Apprentices will also achieve a theory-based (or 'knowledge') qualification:
- Certificate in Apparel, Footwear, Leather or Textile Production
Your chosen training provider can advise you about the qualifications open to apprentices as they can change depending on individual and other circumstances.
- Professional registration
- None specified.