Fashion and Textiles: Apparel
This information is taken from an apprenticeship framework. It sets out what qualifications the apprentice can achieve.
- 3 (equivalent to A levels at grades A to E)
- Typical length
- 24 months
- Current funding band
Up to £12,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Your chosen training provider can advise you about entry requirements for apprentices.
- Suitable roles for apprentices
Your chosen training provider can advise you about the kinds of skills apprentices will learn.
- Apparel Team Leader / Supervisor
- Bespoke Pattern Cutter (Manual CAD)
- Clothing Alteration Hand
- Garment Technologist
- Pattern Grader (Manual CAD)
- Production Pattern Cutter (Manual CAD)
- Sample Machinist
Apprentices will achieve a practical (or 'competence') qualification:
- Certificate in Apparel Manufacturing Technology (NVQ)
- NVQ Certificate in Apparel Manufacturing Technology
Apprentices will also achieve a theory-based (or 'knowledge') qualification:
- Diploma in Apparel, Footwear or Leather Production
Your chosen training provider can advise you about the qualifications open to apprentices as they can change depending on individual and other circumstances.
- Professional registration
- None specified.